Learn how to preserve fruit in a traditional way with one of California's best purveyors.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Day of Conserve Making with a World-Renowned Artisan in Her Berkeley Kitchen
If you love fruit with everything, then you’ll love this day of conserve making with the queen of preserves, June Taylor. For the past 25 years, June has been making small batches of conserves sparkling with lucid flavors and unique sweet and savory combinations. She is widely recognized as the best in her field and has collaborated with numerous other celebrated food artisans.
During this intimate immersion, you’ll get the chance to learn from June, do it yourself, and observe the running of a true artisanal company. June's preserves, unlike conventional jams, are low sugar, pectin-free, and always seasonal. All skill levels are welcome, and even if you're an expert you might leave with new tricks to practice at home. You will be involved in the whole process; it's a fully immersive experience. Celebrating the seasonal bounty of California with one of the region's best purveyors, the session covers the principles and practices of conserve making. Following her philosophy on seasonality, June will provide guidelines and techniques of preserve making. A guided tasting of choosing fruits for preserving including heirloom varietals will be given and a comparative tasting of local artisanal and commercial conserves will be offered. Throughout the class, you will enjoy light refreshments including local artisanal foods, June Taylor's soda water and candied peels, and fruit cheeses. Best of all, at the end of the day you’ll go home with a sweet memento: your own jar of conserves.
- Conserve-making immersion class with June Taylor
- This experience is in Berkeley
- This experience is for up to 10 people
- This experience lasts four (4) hours
- Please bring a paring knife, 8" chef's knife, and an apron to the class
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.