Renato Sardo and Dario Barbone
Benefiting Slow Food USA
Curious About the Slow Food Movement? Join the Founders for a Tour of Their Artisan Pasta Shop
See how Renato, a Piemonte native, is applying Slow Food Movement principles to his award-winning pasta. You will learn how he is preserving Northern Italian culinary traditions and how his company supports American-grown grains. During the tour, he will introduce you to various organic flours (durum, whole durum, spelt, whole spelt, and Kamut khorasan wheat). Then, watch the mesmerizing transformation of flour and water to pasta. Along the way, you will be introduced to the elements of a great pasta: protein content, flavor, color, elasticity, and shapes. And the best part? Forkfuls of fresh al dente pasta for the tasting.
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Baia Pasta’s factory led by Renato Sardo and/or Dario Barbone in Oakland
- Per person price includes a small tasting dish and a sample bag of dry pasta to take home
- Tour will last approximately 60 - 90 minutes
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.