Cheese Lover's Tour Along the Celebrated Cheese Trail in West Marin
Go on a tour of West Marin's distinguished creameries, which are beloved for their award-winning cheeses and usually not open to the general public.... more less
Just across the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin County is a bucolic landscape of farms and ranches that provide seasonal ingredients to San Francisco's best restaurants. Taste the area's agricultural riches straight from the source with a regional culinary expert. Spend a day as she guides you through the heart of California's artisan cheese movement. Taste many different local cheeses made at four of West Marin's award-winning creameries. While you savor samples, breathing in the pungent and heady aromas, we will shed light on the process of crafting these fine cheeses. We add color, context and flavor to the tour with her insider's expertise on local history and sustainable agriculture. Stop at Cowgirl Creamery to taste their award-winning cheeses and explore the dairy life with farm tours of two of these creameries: Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company, Toluma Farms & Tomales Farmstead Cheese Company, Bivalve Dairy & Creamery, Nicascio Valley Cheese Company, or Two Rock Valley Goat Cheese.
- Cheese tour led by Alexandra Fox or another highly qualified Food and Farm Tour Guide from Point Reyes Station
- Stop at Cowgirl Creamery and explore the dairy life with farm tours of two of these creameries: Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company, Toluma Farms & Tomales Farmstead Cheese Company, Bivalve Dairy & Creamery, Nicascio Valley Cheese Company, or Two Rock Valley Goat Cheese.
- Per person price includes transportation between stops, tastings at all locations and a locavore picnic
- Minimum of four guests required to hold the tour. If the minimum guest requirement is not met, the tour will be rescheduled (other guests may be present during the tour)
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works