Go on a tour of West Marin's distinguished creameries, which are beloved for their award-winning cheeses and usually not open to the general public.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Explore West Marin: A Roving 20 Cheese Tasting Along the Celebrated Cheese Trail
Just across the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin County is a bucolic landscape of farms and ranches that provide seasonal ingredients to San Francisco's best restaurants. Taste the area's agricultural riches straight from the source with regional culinary expert Elizabeth Hill. Spend a day as she guides you through the heart of California's artisan cheese movement. Taste 20 different local cheeses made at four of West Marin's award-winning creameries. While you savor samples, breathing in the pungent and heady aromas, Elizabeth will shed light on the process of crafting these fine cheeses. She adds color, context and flavor to the tour with her insider's expertise on local history and sustainable agriculture. Stop at Cowgirl Creamery to taste their award-winning cheeses and explore the dairy life with farm tours of two of these creameries: Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company, Toluma Farms & Tomales Farmstead Cheese Company, Baringa Ranch, Pug's Leap Cheese, or Double 8 Dairy.
- Cheese tour led by Elizabeth Hill or another highly qualified Food and Farm Tour Guide from Point Reyes Station
- Stops include Cowgirl Creamery and two of the following farms:
- Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company
- Toluma Farms & Tomales Farmstead Cheese Company
- Barinaga Ranch
- Pug's Leap Cheese or Double 8 Dairy
- Per person price includes transportation between stops, tastings at all locations and a locavore picnic
- Minimum of four guests required to hold the tour. If the minimum guest requirement is not met, the tour will be cancelled/rescheduled. Other guests may be present during the tour
- Rescheduling requests must be made at least 10 days prior to the scheduled date. If it is within 10 days of the tour, guests will be charged a $50 fee per person to reschedule
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.