Calling ostreaphiles, sip and slurp at sustainable seafood restaurant Waterbar in an educational session led by the oyster buyer.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Oyster and Wine Pairing: Learn to Shuck and Slurp in Masterly Style
In this intimate experience at sustainable seafood restaurant Waterbar, resident Oyster Master Eric Hyman will guide you through a hands-on education on the briny delicacies. Grab a seat in the bayfront dining room to revel in the uniqueness of each half-shell. Eric will share insights into the bivalve’s subtle flavors, bright minerality, and regional brininess. Then, grab a mitt and learn the tried-and-true techniques to shuck and serve these gems. To add another dimension to this experience, Wine Director Steven Izzo and his team will pair wines to enjoy with each oyster, highlighting the contrasts of a variety ranging from the classic P.E.I. to the more obscure Clevedon Coast.
- Oyster and wine pairing led by Eric Hyman at the Waterbar Restaurant in San Francisco
- This experience is available Monday-Friday
- For parties larger than 10 guests, please contact the IfOnly concierge at email@example.com or (415) 376-4640
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.