Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Filipino Kamayan Feast Eaten with Your Hands
"Kamay" is the Filipino word for hands. "Kamayan" is the traditional Filipino way of eating with your hands. Now you can have the opportunity to experience modern Filipino American cuisine with a very traditional and communal Filipino way of dining: Kamayan, "with your hands." Your communal table will be completely covered in banana leaves, then a bed of rice will be laid out in front of you. Then from there, your meal will be sequentially "plated" around that bed of rice. Once complete, you and your group will have an entire meal laid out in front of you to eat kamayan-style.
Enjoy this unique and cultural dining experience for your birthday, anniversary, reunion, special occasion or just...because.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
- Communal modern Filipino American cuisine eaten the traditional Filipino way: Kamayan, "with your hands"
- Host to provide communal table, kitchen supplies and equipment
- Includes setup, cleanup and gratuity
- Alcohol and other beverages not included — BYOB
- Menu includes 2 meats, 2 seafood, 1 vegan dish, garnishes and a dessert
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- Price includes gratuity
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Groups over 11+ require minimum two-week advanced notice
- Alternative dates considered on a case-by-case basis
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.