Learn the secrets of Kara's Cupcakes during this baking and decorating workshop with Kara's team.
Kara Haspel Lind
Benefiting National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Cupcake Baking and Decorating Workshop at Kara's Cupcakes Headquarters
Learn the tips and tricks behind the award-winning confections by Kara's Cupcakes in this workshop. Set in the kitchen headquarters, the four-hour class will begin with a bit of background into the bakery's farm-to-oven mission. You will see the locavore focus firsthand as you crack farm-fresh eggs and toss San Francisco Bay-harvested salt into your mixing bowls to make classic vanilla and rich chocolate cupcake batter. As you whisk and fold, the team will offer up helpful baking secrets.
Once the sweet treats go into the oven, prep for the decorating portion of the class. Kara's team will teach you how to make decadent frostings and gourmet fillings (think passionfruit and lemon curd) to complement the cakes. Then, it’s time to use the cupcake tops as your canvas and decorate to your delight with frostings, fillings, sprinkles, and fondant. At the end of the day, take home a dozen fresh-baked cupcakes in a classic pink bakery box.
- 4-hour private baking workshop with Kara's Cupcakes bakers
- Guests will learn how to make vanilla and chocolate cakes
- This experience includes a dozen cupcakes per guest as well as frosting bags, sprinkles, fondant decorations, signature pink bakery boxes, and recipe cards
- This experience also includes a voucher for 10% off a future cake purchase
- Gluten-free options are available for this decorating experience
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.