The Chopping Block
Benefiting The James Beard Foundation
A Taste of France: Hands-on Rustic French Bistro Cooking Class
The chefs will walk you through the French cuisine by preparing caramelized onion and blue cheese galette, bistro salad with poached eggs and warm bacon vinaigrette, steak au poivre with cognac sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and profiteroles with ice cream and chocolate sauce. You will master skills such as caramelizing vegetables, making vinaigrette, poaching eggs, selecting and searing beef, preparing Pate a Choux Dough, selecting chocolate, and more. Throughout the event you will be enjoying beverages of your choice, so pop some bubbly and get chopping.
Let the Chopping Block create an unforgettable evening for you and your friends. The best part is, not only will you take home these skills, you will also go home with a Le Creuset croquette, lemon squeezer, microplane, bench scraper, and French sea salts; all of which are key to becoming an excellent home chef.
- Private cooking class for four to sixteen guests at The Chopping Block
- Master skills such as caramelizing vegetables, making vinaigrette, poaching eggs, selecting and searing beef, preparing Pate a Choux Dough, and selecting chocolate, and more
- Learn to prepare and enjoy a 5-Course meal, with beverages included
- Prepare caramelized onion and blue cheese galette
- Make a bistro salad with poached eggs and warm bacon vinaigrette
- Steak au poivre with cognac sauce, garlic mashed potatoes
- For dessert, profiteroles with ice cream and chocolate sauce
- You will go home with a Le Creuset croquette, lemon squeezer, Microplane, bench scraper, and French sea salts
- Please indicate any food allergies or restrictions
- Gratuity not included
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.