Master Class on Spirits with Thad Vogler of Bar Agricole
Learn to stock your home bar and the history of your favorite spirits while sipping on elixirs from around the world in this experience with one of the city’s top barmen.... more less
Thad Vogler has traveled far and wide in search of the world's most exceptional grower-produced spirits to serve at his award-winning San Francisco establishments, Bar Agricole and Trou Normand. His soon-to-be published memoir, By the Smoke and the Smell, includes tales of visits to centuries old Armagnac distilleries, Scotch tastings in ancient castles, and sipping captivating Mescals with an artist in Oaxaca. Join Thad and lead barman Craig Lane at Bar Agricole for a discussion about, and tasting of, their favorite spirits.
There will be a bit of history as he tells the stories found in each bottle along with tips about how to better understand which spirits to choose for your home bar and how to order when you are out. Thad has dedicated his career to championing spirits that are the truest expression of the land they come from. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about some of the most special bottles in the world. A part of this experience will benefit the James Beard Foundation, which mentors the next generation of American chefs.
- Private spirits class led by Thad Vogler at San Francisco’s Bar Agricole
- Post-class drinks not included in the cost of this experience
- Guests must be at least 21 years old
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works