Learn to make Japan's winter comfort food, Ramen, from scratch. You will make your choice of Ramen noodles, soup, then cook your own creation to enjoy at the end of class.
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Mother's Day Special - Lobster Ramen! Create Your Own Ramen from Scratch
Indulge in your choice of soup made with Tonkotsu or lobster with your own fresh noodles. In this 100% hands-on class, you and your mom/partner will create your own Ramen. To make your own ramen, working in a professional kitchen, you will first knead the dough to make your own noodles. While it rests, you will be served samples of three different types of ramen: Tonkotsu Ramen from the Kyushu, Nagahama region, Miso Ramen from Sapporo, and Shoyu Ramen from Tokyo.
While you enjoy the samples, Chef Mari will talk about the history of Ramen, its regional differences, and Ramen trends in Japan. You'll then move on to learn how to make pork and lobsterstocks and Chashu - marinated braised pork belly. You'll roll out and cut your own noodles and make your own Kaeshi (soup base). Finally, you will cook and assemble your own Ramen with the noodles and the soup you just made. Your own Ramen will taste great after all your hard work.
- Roll out and cut your own noodles
- Learn Ramen's history, regional differences, and trends in Japan
- Make your own Kaeshi (soup base)
- Cook your own Ramen in a professional kitchen with the your own fresh noodles and the soup you just made
- Sample four different types of ramen: Tonkotsu Ramen (Kyushu, Nagahama), Miso Ramen (Sapporo), and Shoyu Ramen (Tokyo).
- Learn how to make pork and lobster stocks, and chashu (marinated, braised pork belly)
- Ticket price is per pair
read fine print