Learn everything you need to bake your own amazing bagels —from activating the starter through noshing on freshly baked bagels. Participants experience every step and take home a detailed recipe, starter, and shaped bagels.
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Bake Your Own Amazing Bagels: Starter to Nosh
Bagels are the stuff of legend. Everybody has a story about the best bagel ever. And people just love to complain about how difficult it can be to find chewy, flavorful, fresh bagels. Truth be told, even if you live in a community with artisan bakers, you will still have to get out of your jammies and go out to score a fresh bagel on Sunday morning. Bake Your Own Amazing Bagels can bring amazing bagels right into your own kitchen.
The "Starter to Nosh" workshop will take you through every step. Laurie telescopes a three-day process into about three hours. And that includes the nosh, or snacking. You'll learn to feed your starter, make and shape the dough, boil and finish your bagels with seeds, etc., and bake them until they are shiny and golden. Then you get to eat them with all the appropriate toppings. When you leave you will know everything you need to create your own bagels at home, you'll have some starter, and you'll know a little about the history of the "roll with a hole."
- Hands-on instruction in every step of the process to create naturally fermented, hand-crafted bagels
- Bagel trivia, stories, and history are all included
- Introduction to all the ingredients and equipment, and take a starter home so you can continue to practice what you learn
- Learn all the steps from feeding the starter, making the dough, shaping the dough into bagels, boiling them, and customizing your own "finish with seeds and spices
- A special opportunity to take the three day class condensed into a three hour class, but don't worry you won't miss a thing — especially the noshing, or snacking
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.