Explore one of the best (and busiest) farmers markets in the city, and then turn your market haul into gourmet pickles in a private pickling lesson taught by Kelly McVicker, founder of McVicker Pickles.
Benefiting Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
Farmers Market Trip and Pickling Lesson
Learn the art of pickling from a professional, from spicing your brine to canning your cucumbers and everything in between. Join Kelly McVicker, owner of McVicker Pickles, as she teaches you the ins and outs of pickling and preservation, combining basic food science with the on-the-spot innovation that makes pickling so much fun. Kelly will take you on a guided tour of the Heart of the City Farmers Market, where she’ll teach you how to find the best produce for pickling. You’ll learn what to look for and what to avoid, and pick up tips you can use anywhere from the farmers market to the supermarket. After selecting your own fruits and veggies, the real fun begins. Kelly opens up her own home kitchen to you, where she’ll show you how to turn your haul into mouth-watering, gourmet pickles. By the end of the class, you’ll know everything you need to get pickling on your own, and will take home two to three jars of your own handmade treats to show off your new skills.
- Market tour and private pickling lesson for up to 10 people
- Each guest will take home 2-3 jars of pickles
- All produce, mason jars, and pickling ingredients included
- Access to Kelly's personal pickling recipes
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Transportation from market to class location not included
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.