Private In Home Pickling Lesson from a Food Preservation Expert
Enjoy a private pickling experience in your own home. Food preservation expert and McVicker Pickles founder Kelly McVicker will teach you how to turn your favorite seasonal produce into tangy, crunchy pickles.... more less
As the owner of McVicker Pickles, Kelly McVicker has been making pickles and preserves for her whole life, and brings that lifetime of passion and experience—as well as formal training as a certified Master Food Preserver—to her role as a teacher. Kelly will come to your home for a private lesson on pickling, teaching you the techniques that have made her pickles some of the most delicious and highly-sought-after in San Francisco. Together you will create a personalized menu, working with the ingredients you love to create unique, delicious treats while learning the fundamentals of vinegar-based brining, fermentation, and canning. Kelly will also will give you tips on incorporating more fermented foods into your diet in order to reap all the probiotic benefits, passing on recipes for soups, salads and more. Everyone will leave the experience with two to three jars of their own pickles, a complete home-canning kit, and a selection of McVicker Pickles.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
- Private in-home pickling lesson by a food preservation expert
- Includes seasonal produce, ingredient, and supplies
- Each person receives a home canning kit and selection of McVicker Pickles
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Guest to provide standard kitchen equipment (stove, stockpot, etc); Luminary will bring all canning and pickling equipment
How It Works