These two iconic San Francisco neighborhoods are home to some of the best food in the city. Combine these districts in one food tour, and you've got one of the most memorable culinary experiences ever.
Benefiting Tipping Point
A Progressive Food Tour in Chinatown and North Beach
This progressive food tour flows like a multi-course meal. Each delicious course is served at a different eatery, while, in-between courses, you will be able to enjoy the colorful neighborhood sights. Chinatown and North Beach are two of the most unique neighborhoods in San Francisco. Entering Chinatown is like traveling to Asia; the sights of pagoda roofs, lantern street lights and dragon parades, as well as the scent of incense, green tea and produce being unloaded from idling trucks makes you feel as though you are a long way from home. The food here is as delightful and exotic as you can find anywhere in the country. During this portion of the tour, you'll be exposed to some of the best food in Chinatown. Partway through the tour, you'll enter an alley in Chinatown, with signs still in Chinese. When you exit, you'll be in North Beach, next to a bar frequented by Jack Kerouac. From here, our the tour shifts towards Italian food, as North Beach is traditionally Little Italy. Smell freshly baked bread and espresso at venues where you'll hear Italian spoken as much as English. Cafe society is alive and well in this part of North Beach, which is experiencing a renaissance. We will finish the tour feeling well-traveled and well-fed.
- Explore the alleys of Chinatown and the side streets of North Beach to taste the best foods in both of these neighboring districts
- Venture beyond the usual food spots to find the most authentic and the best cuisine
- Hear the fascinating history and the unique stories of these distinct neighborhoods
- Tour includes the cost of food
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works