Gather at the birthplace of American cuisine for a private, multi-course dinner and wine pairing from a James Beard visiting chef.
Benefiting The James Beard Foundation
Dine at the Beard House: Multi-course Menu Prepared by a Visiting Chef at a Storied Venue
The James Beard Foundation is often considered the first and final word of culinary talent in America. Usually reserved only for James Beard members and not open to the general public, the Beard House in New York City’s West Village is welcoming IfOnly members to discover the state of American cuisine and where it’s going. You’re invited to a sumptuous multi-course dinner prepared by a James Beard visiting chef.
In a private boardroom on the fourth floor, you and your guests will gather for a revelatory evening. Your visit at the Beard House will commence with a champagne and canapé reception. Then, sit down at your leisure to a five to seven-course tasting menu that will be accompanied by an expert wine pairing and impeccable service from a professional wait staff. End your night with the unique opportunity to ask your chef any questions you may have about your epicurean adventure. Perhaps paradoxically, you’ll leave the Beard House both satisfied and hungry for more. This experience that would make an extra-special private dining experience will benefit the James Beard Foundation.
- Multi-course tasting menu prepared by a visiting chef
- Accompanying wine pairings with each course
- Meet and greet with featured chef and team
- Private reception hour with hors d'oeuvres and champagne, wines, or other speciality beverages
- Gratuity included
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Any food allergy alerts for your party must be made upon booking your reservation or no later than 10 days prior to the event. Our staff will contact the chef, who will then determine if it’s possible to adjust the event’s menu or create other options for those with allergies. IfOnly will then notify you about possible modifications. Chefs are unable to accommodate requests made later than 10 days prior to the event.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.