The family that farms together, grows together. Magic happens in a little urban farm in Venice. They'll teach your family the basics of growing your own food and about caring for chickens and ducks.
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Family Urban Farm Day on the Coolest Street in America
Welcome to farm school. You and your family will take part in a fun, hands-on learning experience with the planters and farmers at The Cook's Garden on the basics of growing food. You'll learn how plants make seeds, as well as how to grow your very own plant from a seed to take home. You'll get a chance to feed worms in the worm composting box and feed the chickens and ducks and collect the eggs. This is an experience for all ages. Enjoy different delicious breakfast breads from Gjusta, Blue Bottle coffee and OJ too.
- Tour of The Cook's Garden
- Family basic gardening class for beginners
- Sow seeds of your choice in a small peat pot to take home
- Fun with The Cook's Garden's worm bin
- Feed chickens and ducks and collect their eggs
- Enjoy breakfast breads from Gjusta, OJ and coffee too
- Children must be five years old or older
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Please wear garden appropriate clothing that you don't mind getting dirty - close-toed shoes, hat, gloves, suncreen
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.