Take your cooking chops to the next level with The Refined Cook Culinary Series — cooking class social events where you learn to prepare healthy, gourmet dinners and meet cool folks in the process.
The Refined Cook
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Cooking Class Party: Taste of Asia
Prepare a sophisticated and fun dinner for a small group and learn practical tips, shortcuts, and plating techniques to elevate everyday meals into extraordinary ones. Wife and husband team, Marlene and Jeff, are passionate cooks and dinner hosts extraordinaire. You can participate as little or as much as you want — think of it as a cooking class where you get to party, or a party where you'll learn how to cook.
Marlene will show you how to recreate the authentic flavors from her childhood and from traveling extensively throughout Asia. Classes are often inspired by cuisines from Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Japan and China. Asian cuisine is largely gluten-free and one of the tastiest and healthiest cuisines in the world.
In this class, you will make:
Fresh Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Rolls, Organic Chicken Mango Coconut Curry, Organic Salad Greens with a Soy and Sesame dressing, Steamed Organic Brown Rice, Banana Fritters (Gluten Free)
- 4-6 participants per class
- Price covers tuition and materials — you will receive a copy of recipes
- Ingredients are minimally, if at all, processed, and are usually organic or natural
- Instruction style is combination of demonstration and hands-on
- BYOB — wine consultant Jeff will suggest wines to pair with the menu
- Must be 21 years and older
- Includes complimentary beverage and snack
- Held in a private home in a semi-professional kitchen e.g., 6-burner Wolf range
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased