Experience a walking wellness tour of Berkeley. Enjoy crunchy paleo yucca chips, green kale smoothies, energizing chocolate and medicinal herbal teas. You'll soak up wisdom about everyday food as medicine with a popular local acupuncturist.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Walking Wellness Tour of Berkeley
Join Lila, a Berkeley native, yoga teacher, coach and wellness aficionado, in exploring the gems of North Berkeley's health conscious scene. The tour will start in the "Gourmet Ghetto," a hub of local, organic and sustainable eateries and shops. At our first stop, we'll snack on yucca chips and spreads at Mission Heirloom, a 100% paleo and gluten-free restaurant and market. We will learn about the Paleo diet and concept behind the gastronomical kitchen lab. Just a short walk away, you'll sip some homemade ginger soda and kale smoothies from The Juice Collective.
The third stop will be at Alegio's Artisanal Chocolate Shop, where the group will enjoy samples and learn the health benefits of chocolate. After that the group will take a walk down Shattuck to Lhasa Karnac Herb Company, where you will explore the magic of Western, Chinese and Ayurvedic medicinal herbs and culinary spices. Our tour will end lounging in the shade with popular local Acupuncturist Mamie Chow L. Ac, learning about everyday food as medicine in the Chinese tradition.
- Explore North Berkeley's health conscious scene
- Stop at Mission Heirloom, a 100% paleo and gluten-free restaurant and market
- Visit The Juice Collective
- Enjoy a treat at Alegio's Artisanal Chocolate Shop
- Explore medicinal herbs at Shattuck to Lhasa Karnac Herb Company
- Learn from popular local acupuncturist Mamie Chow L. Ac
- Snacks at all food stops
- Includes a complimentary bag of herbal tea
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.