La Diva Cucina
Benefiting Meals on Wheels of America
Private Miami Experience Cooking Class
Laura will teach about the four methods of cocktail making and everyone will muddle their own classic virgin Cuban mojito using freshly-squeezed lime juice and mint.
Together, you’ll explore the difference between plantains and how to make the Latin version of a potato chip, the tostone. Then, you'll learn how to use a tostonera and a quick and addictive garlic sauce for dipping.
From there, you'll make piccadillo empanaditas, delicious little meat pies, using an authentic Puerto Rican recipe and served with a Salvadoran crema.
The last dish you'll prepare is traditional Peruvian ceviche made with fish and shrimp bought from the fish market that very morning along with Peruvian choclo (corn), onions, and sweet potato served with yuca chips, it's refreshing and light.
The class ends with Cuban coffee and guava and cheese pasteles, Cuban pastries from a neighborhood bakery, all in Laura's beautiful home in Miami Beach. Sign up today for an authentic Miami experience. Guaranteed fun.
- A two hour cooking class that provides enough food to take the place of a meal taking place in Laura's home in Miami Beach, so you can experience Miami like the locals
- Class includes: Fresh ingredients and mixers to make virgin mojitos, tostones with garlic mojo sauce, fried beef piccadillo empanadas with crema, fish and shrimp ceviche with vegetables, Cuban coffee and pastries
- All supplies, food, disposables, equipment, water and mixers are included in the price and guests will provide a bottle of Bacardi white rum if they wish to make mojito cocktails
- A Chef's Helper wll be on-site to assist at all classes. No cleaning involved, you just come for the fun and the food!
- Guests are advised to dress comfortably, as they will be standing
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available please notify Laura as soon as possible
- Free valet parking, a small tip for valet is encouraged
- Beautiful, safe and upscale neighborhood conveniently located within walking distance to Lincoln Road and close to Miami Beach hotels
- All recipes from the class are in pdf format and will be sent to guests providing email addresses
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.