Please join us for an exclusive, one-night-only screening of the "The Messenger" in Santa Cruz. After the film, discuss the upcoming Monterey Bay Birding Festival, in September of 2016.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Exclusive Screening of The Messenger Presented by the Monterey Bay Birding Festival
Su Rynard’s wide-ranging and contemplative documentary "The Messenger" explores your deep-seated connection to birds and warns that the uncertain fate of songbirds might mirror your own. Moving from the northern reaches of the Boreal Forest to the base of Mount Ararat in Turkey to the urban streets of New York, "The Messenger", brings you face-to-face with a remarkable variety of human-made perils that have devastated thrushes, warblers, orioles, tanagers, grosbeaks and many other airborne music-makers. Ultimately, "The Messenger" is about what the birds have to tell you about the state of the planet and its shared future with mankind. In the words of Boreal biologist Erin Bayne, “Could we live without birds? We don’t really know for sure… That’s one of the fundamental concerns when you play with nature, pull one piece out, and maybe that’s a pivotal piece, we just don’t know."
- Discussion for Monterey Bay Birding Festival 2016 to follow film
- Please arrive a few minutes early to get checked in – the film is scheduled to start on time
- Contributions benefit Monterey Bay Birding Festival, 2016
- Your tickets will be sent to you via email
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
- Seat selection is first-come, first-served