Meriwether McGettigan invites you to her private salon for a talk that will give you a deeper appreciation of jewelry. Engage her expertise in topics ranging from animal-inspired designs, to gems from the highly experimental and innovative World War II period, to the artistry of two 20th-century luminaries, Paul Flato and Fulco di Verdura.
Benefiting Summer Search
Fine Art Jewelry Lectures by an Esteemed Gemologist
You’re invited to the private salon of Meriwether McGettigan for a lecture on the history and art of fine jewelry. The experience begins with a cocktail reception, where you’ll have a chance to browse the boutique’s collection of glittering gems from Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, and more. Shortly after, Meriwether will begin her talk. An engaging and gifted lecturer, Meriwether brings jewelry to life through a series of historical frameworks.
Depending on your group’s interest, she lecture on any one of the following topics: “Bejeweled Creatures,” a quick romp through the Victorian Period and the 20th century focusing on animals that fascinated jewelry designers and collectors during that time; “Jewelry in Wartime: 1939-1945,” a look at how this turbulent time changed how jewelry was created with such limited resources; or “The Wit & Whimsy of Flato & Verdura,” a review of the life and art of two very imaginative and creative men, Paul Flato and Fulco di Verdura. This brilliant experience will benefit an important charity.
- History of jewelry lecture by Meriwether McGettigan at her salon
- Includes a talk on your choice of topics:
1) Bejeweled Creatures (30 minutes)
2) Jewelry in Wartime: 1935 to 1945 (60 minutes)
3) The Wit & Whimsy of Flato and Verdura (60 minutes)
- Cocktails will be served
- This experience occurs at a mutually agreed upon time
- To host this experience at a venue of your choosing please contact IfOnly Concierge at 415 376 4640 for more information
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.