Demystifying the Art of Kimchi
Understand how lacto-fermentation creates sour pickles packed with probiotics and why it's great for your gut. Then, learn Andrea's favorite quick method to craft kimchi with your own hands. Sample kimchi varieties for inspiration and then experiment with an abundance of provided fresh in-season produce and Edible Alchemy's extensive spice cabinet.Leave with one jar of your own unique concoction and the know-how to make more while your vegetables ferment at home for one to three weeks. Kimchi can be made vegetarian and vegan, and modifications will be covered and discussed in this class.
Edible Alchemy Foods facilitates nourishment for transformation, connection and health through playshops and workshops, retreats, mobile kitchens, and underground dinners. They seek to cultivate community through a deep connection to food.
- Learn about kimchi and craft your own blend of kimchi to your taste, and leave knowing how to make more in the future
- Learn why probiotics are great for your health
- Find out the basics of lacto-vegetable fermentation
- Take home your jar to ferment and enjoy
- Kimchi can be made in vegetarian and vegan versions, and these methods will be covered during the class
- Taste kimchis — kimchis can come in several flavors
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Please notify Edible Alchemy of any food preferences or dietary restrictions at the time of purchase
How It Works