Children's Mindful Movement and Imaginative Meditation
This unique small class offering gives children a chance to turn inwards during a imaginative guided meditation, followed by creative expression through writing or drawing their experience.... more less
Children in this world are constantly inundated with external stimulation. They both need and crave chances to build their relationship to mindfulness, and guided meditation offers the perfect opportunity to engage with their vibrant inner worlds.
This experience is offered by Chelsea Brown, a yoga teacher with over eight years of experience sharing yoga and meditation with children, and a renowned expert of leading meditation and guided relaxation in the region. This Mindful Movement and Guided Meditation experience takes place in your home with all materials provided, and will introduce children to classical approaches to yoga, with poses to help guide the body into a state of ease before embarking on an inward journey through guided relaxation and meditation. Using the techniques of Yoga Nidra, children will be invited to call upon their imagination to create a deep sensory experience that will help them build a strong relationship to the stillness within.
Following meditation, the children will use art and writing to reflect on their experience and granted the opportunity to share their stories. Relaxation, meditation, and creative expression are all extraordinary tools for accessing a calm and stable mind, and children treasure these experiences.
- All materials will be provided, including yoga mats and art/ writing supplies
- Yoga poses to ease the body
- Guided relaxation to create stillness
- Guided meditation to inspire inward connection
- Creative expression (art and writing) to synthesize and reflect upon the experience
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works