Breathe. Read. Write: a Meditation and Writing Circle
Meditation and writing go hand in hand. When we take a moment to breathe and notice what's happening now, the words just come. It's easy and uplifting to express ourselves. Clarifying and fun, too.... more less
Meet Lisa at Battery Gardens Restaurant on the edge of Battery Park. Upon arrival, Lisa will take you to an open but quiet area in the park where you’ll find a comfortable place to sit.
Once you are cozily nestled, Lisa will guide a short meditation to help you settle in your body and rest your attention on your breath. After the meditation, Lisa will read a “river poem” to set the tone for the free-writing to follow. For a short period of time, you will keep your pen moving and write freely whatever comes to mind. Lisa will give you a signal when it’s time to wind down.
You will then be invited to share what you have written. The sharing is an opportunity to listen closely and appreciate what comes through when the imagination has room to flow. After the first round of breathing, free-writing and sharing, Lisa will guide you in another round.
This writing circle is meant to help you relax and open to inspiration from being outdoors, noticing, listening and creating without judgment. Plan to leave feeling revived and more connected to nature, yourself and the people with whom you share this time.
- Meet at Battery Gardens Restaurant on the edge of Battery Park
- Read a poem pre-selected by Lisa that will help you connect to what’s around you in Battery Park
- Please feel free to bring a cushion or blanket to sit on, as you may be seated in the grass
- Engage in two sessions of five to ten minutes of free writing
- Engage in a short meditation
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works