Explore Your Creativity in Central Park with Everyday Creativity Co-Founder, Susan Stainman
Slow down, connect with yourself and explore your creativity. Whether you're a professional artist or don't see yourself as creative, this class will offer you skills to see every action as your creative gesture.... more less
Meet Susan at the John Lennon memorial, Strawberry Fields, in Central Park where she will then take you to a quiet area and help you to get settled. Susan will begin by taking you through a 20 minute guided mindfulness meditation, which will include stretching and relaxing, preparing you to tap into your innate creativity.
Next, dive into creative drawing exercises. With your eyes closed, Susan will place an object in your hand for you to draw, also with your eyes closed, pushing you to imagine what you might be holding and draw what you feel. Once completed, you’ll reverse this exercise and draw with your eyes open, only looking at the object and not your paper. After your creative juices start flowing, jump into engaging in a small dance party, as you let go, have fun and further explore different creative modalities.
At the end, take time to reconvene and reflect on your experience. Leave with the know-how to live more creatively, understanding that your joy, flexibility and ability to be open to what is actually happening moment to moment in your life can create the possibility for a truly fulfilling life.
- Creativity exercises and meditation at Strawberry Fields in Central Park
- Engage in 20 minutes of guided meditation
- Explore creative modalities that improve creative problem solving
- All ages and experience levels are welcome
- Contact Susan through conversations for groups larger than 10
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- Price includes gratuity
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Weather permitting
How It Works