Exclusive Central Park Tour with a Medicinal Food Expert and Herbalist
Change the way you see the plants and flowers of Central Park with this informative natural walk.... more less
Experience Central Park in a completely unique way by taking this private educational nature walk with an expert herbalist.
This class with herbalist and wild medicinal food expert, Dawn Petter will offer you a new perspective on the local flora and fauna of Central Park. In this two hour tour, you will learn how to identify our native botanical allies, safe and proper harvesting practices, culinary uses, and the medicinal actions and uses of each plant discussed. From the moment you enter the park, there is medicine and food all around. Starting on the grass, you will see the more common weedy plants that grow on untreated lawns, including plantain leaf, violet, mallow, and burdock at the edges.
Let Dawn teach you the secrets of herbal medicine, were everything is used, from leaves and flowers to roots, seeds, barks, and berries, so all of these elements get touched on during this tour, depending on the season.
This walk is the perfect way to get away from some of the hustle and bustle of New York City and enjoy the nature within Central Park.
- Private tour of Central Park for four to fifteen guests with herbalist Dawn Petter
- Learn plant identification, traditional medicinal uses, safe harvesting, and culinary uses of each plant
- Each guest will receive a booklet with plant information and recipes
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works