A casual 5K sightseeing run that follows along the winding paths of the world’s most popular urban park.
Benefiting A Home Within
Central Park 5K Fun Run — A Unique Way to See New York on the Run
Enjoy an exhilarating "sight-running" tour through New York's most popular green space. After warm-up stretches, you will be led away from the hustle and bustle of the city streets and enter the beautiful oasis in the heart of the Big Apple. During your hour-long run, you will learn how Central Park came to be and hear the details of its amazing history. Run past various locations with amazing views of the surrounding skyline where you can see the contrast between city architecture and the naturalistic escape that is Central Park. The run is led by locally-based guides who will take you through the course at a relaxed pace making stops along the way to learn about the various monuments and statues that populate the Park. Perfect for travelers who want to stay active while away from home and want to enjoy a superior experience to running on a treadmill. Choose the tour with the company that says, "You can run on a treadmill anywhere, but you can only run in Central Park when you're in NYC!"
- Guided 5K Fun Run through central park, and learn about the city and stop at popular sites while you get in a bit of a work out on your vacation
- Explore the most popular sights
- Discover and learn about hidden park treasures
- Visit Bethesda Fountain, the John Lennon Memorial, the Great Lawn, and more
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Wear appropriate attire for running
- Arrive fifteen minutes prior to start time
- No bag drop — so bring only what you are comfortable carrying on a run