Create a Vertical Garden
Spend an afternoon or evening with a botanical artist creating your own slice of paradise, a vertical garden. Taste plant powered foods, sip a glass of wine, and craft a living work of art.... more less
Throw a private vertical garden party. Dine on local plant powered foods and then create a living work of art for your home or office.
In this living craft experience, you and your guests will start with lunch or dinner at a Chicago restaurant based on your tastes. Plant powered vegan? Think Native Foods. Or Mana Food Bar for the veggie clients. If you want something more hearty, they'll bring in tasty dishes from their favorite gastropub.
Once you dine on local flavors, the plant education will begin. You’ll learn about the popular Tillandsia, or air plants, and how to care for these houseplant wonders that don't need soil. Then you'll have step-by-step guidance from a botanical artist to create your own vertical garden masterpiece to take home.
This is not your typical arts and crafts project. You'll get to choose your own cork bark for just the right project base. Pick out your favorite plants from a huge selection of over 20 species they'll have on hand along with moss accents. Then get one-on-one design help to make a slice of paradise you're excited to hang in your home or office, and admire long after the party.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
National (Greater than 100 miles from 60622): $600
- Start with lunch or dinner from a Chicago restaurant based on your tastes, and then participate in a hands on vertical garden workshop
- Introduction to air plants and their care
- Each guest creates a living garden that can hang indoors
- No prior gardening experience necessary
- Supplies and plants for vertical garden are included
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- Price includes gratuity
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works