Take aim at mastering a survival skill from National Geographic host Cliff Hodges. At the end of this three-day adventure in the Santa Cruz mountains, you'll have your very own hunting bow to rival Katniss Everdeen.
This item has been added to your wishlist
Item added to cart. Go to cart now
Benefiting Tipping Point
Three-Day Archery Workshop in the Art of Bow Building by a Wilderness Survival Expert
Channel your inner Katniss Everdeen with a three-day bow-making class in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. Led by wilderness survival expert and host of National Geographic’s “Remote Survival” Cliff Hodges, the class will will teach you the skills necessary to transform a plain, bark-covered log into an artful and deadly bow. Every morning, you’ll head into the oceanside forest in search of the perfect materials to make your new bow. You’ll learn to stave a tree’s growth ring, read the character of the grain, law out the bow design, and tiller it perfectly. Whether you're planning on hunting big game or displaying it above the mantelpiece, the finished product will be your most prized outdoor gear.
- Three-day bow-making workshop with Cliff Hodges in Santa Cruz
- This experience is offered May 28-30, 2016, Jul 15-17, 2016, and Sep 30 – Oct 2, 2016
- Class is every day from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- A cancellation may occur if fewer than 5 people sign up
- Wood cabinet scrapers and sandpaper are needed for the experience and are not included in the purchase price
- Must be 16 or older to participate
- Private options are available; contact an IfOnly concierge at email@example.com or (415) 754-8167 for details
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Guests are asked to provide their own transportation, meals, and lodging
- There may be other people outside of your party in the class
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.