From the coastal reaches of Bodega Bay to the redwoods of Muir Woods, journey with avian biologist Daniel Edelstein in search of common and rare California birds.
This item has been added to your wishlist
Item added to cart. Go to cart now
Benefiting Tipping Point
Bird Watching Tour in the Bay Area with a Birding Guide and Certified Wildlife Biologist
Discover the diversity and beauty of Northern California’s wildlife when you join preeminent birding guide, Daniel Edelstein for a private tour. You and up to 3 of your friends will learn his secrets while on the lookout for rare and endangered species. With over 30 years of experience studying birds in the San Francisco Bay Area, Daniel is able to identify hundreds of bird species by warble alone. Given Daniel specializes in identifying birds by their songs and calls, guests may enjoy learning to distinguish birds by their diverse vocalizations.
Did you know the Bay Area is one of the best birding locations in the world? Choose from several locations throughout the North Bay and encounter any number of area-specific birds, including the northern spotted owl, marbled murrelet, hermit warbler, brown pelican, and the famed California condor. Perfect for avid and casual birdwatchers alike, this is a unique experience that will forever change the way you see our feathered friends.
You'll get to enjoy watching birds with binoculars and a high power/high-quality spotting scope and will do minimal walking and driving so that you can enjoy more time discovering birds. You may choose to bring your lunch or purchase it along Daniel’s route that hosts ample places to enjoy a “recess” from the birding outing. Cameras are welcome you'll often see birds close up in places that offer ideal photo opportunities.
Photos: Martin Meyers
- Bird watching tour in the Bay Area led by Daniel Edelstein, Certified Wildlife Biologist
- Possible locations include Point Reyes National Seashore, Sonoma County forests and coastal areas (including Bodega Head adjacent to Bodega Bay), Muir Woods, Las Gallinas Wildlife Ponds, Tomales Bay State Park
- This experience is approximately eight hours
- This experience is for a minimum of 1 guest and up to 4 guests
- Includes minimal walking and driving so that you can enjoy more time discovering birds
- Transportation: Either meet Daniel in Marin and he will join your car for the tour or he will pick you up in the Bay Area and drive for the day
- Daniel has two extra pairs of binoculars but it's recommended that you bring their own - his spotting scope is an A-1 (Swarovski ATS 80 HD, 25 power zoom through 50 power)
- Cameras are welcome you'll often see birds close up in places that offer ideal photo opportunities
- Bring your lunch or purchase it along Daniel’s route
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.