This item has been added to your wishlist
Item added to cart. Go to cart now
Benefiting Waterkeeper Alliance
1893 World’s Fair Walking Tour with Bars
On this fun and insightful walking tour, you’ll venture into beautiful architectural spaces from the era. You will play a few thoughtfully designed games, like visual scavenger hunts. Along with guide commentary, your guide will show you photos and archival materials via shared iPads that illuminate this historic event of the 1893 World's Fair.
On this walking tour, you will eat a couple of light snacks, and play a few educational games with prizes for the winning team. Plus, you can opt to get drinks (on you) as well.
You can think of this 3-hour-long walking tour as being 5% outdoors, 95% indoors, 20% clue-based games and visual scavenger hunts, 10% drinking time, and 100% awesome historical tour time. The math doesn’t add up – you get the idea.
With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair Tour makes for a great walking tour in all seasons. This tour makes the World’s Fair’s lasting impact come to life.
- Colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- The sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the downtown’s last human-operated elevators
- A secret building hidden in an alley
- See the Monadnock Building, a landmark early skyscraper
- The opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, once an exclusive men’s club
- Cost of alcohol is not included in the tour
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
- At the tour meeting spot, you are welcome you to get a drink at the bar before check-in
- To streamline the tour, you will order and pay for your second drink at check-in — $6 for beer, $8 for wine, includes gratuity
- At the third drink stop, you may independently purchase a beer, wine, or cocktail of your choice
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.