Renowned beer writer and Certified Cicerone Ethan Fixell leads a guided tasting tour and pairing of food and beer — ranging from clean, crisp lagers to big, boozy imperial stouts.
This item has been added to your wishlist
Item added to cart. Go to cart now
Benefiting The Edible Schoolyard Project
Beer Tasting and Pairing with Food & Wine Writer and Certified Cicerone Ethan Fixell
Take an American craft beer tour with Ethan Fixell, writer for Food & Wine, Men's Journal, Vanity Fair, Salon, and many other national publications. Fixell, a former full-time comedian, turned to writing about beer, wine, and spirits after touring took him all over the world for nearly eight years. Now he is a Certified Cicerone who educates students in New York City at Astor Center, the Institute of Culinary Education, and many other institutions throughout the U.S.
In this two-hour guided tasting, you'll learn about beer production and the differences between major styles. Most importantly, you will discover how to properly pair these brews with a various array of delicious gourmet foods.
Having visited over 200 breweries in the United States, Fixell will not only explore flavor profiles — he can give special insight to each brand's story from a personal perspective.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
National (Greater than 30.90 miles from 10016): US$800
- Pricing is $300 for the first two people, and $50 for each additional person
- Guided nosing and tasting of 6 different beer styles with food pairings
- Paired foods included — featuring Eli Zabar's bread, Murray's Cheese, Jacques Torres Chocolate and more
- Tastings will include:
- German Pilsner
- American Pale Ale
- India Pale Ale, also known as IPA
- Brown Ale / Mild or Bitter / Brown Porter
- Sour (e.g. American wild ale, Lambic, Gose, Flemish Red, etc.)
- Imperial Stout
- Customers are responsible for purchasing the beers listed. Substitutions (by request) are permitted
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- Price includes gratuity
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.