Join Eric for a day long photo tour and workshop along best of the California coast. You'll not only enhance your photography skills but come away with some world class images too.
Big Sur and Point Lobos Photography Workshop
You will start with a quick briefing in Carmel before setting out to Point Lobos, where you will arrive just as the park rangers open the gates. After a lesson on expanding your camera’s capabilities with HDR, creating multilayered panoramas and an introduction to techniques for expanded field of focus, you will spend a few hours exploring the many hidden treasures within the natural preserve.
You will continue south along Highway 1 to your next stop, Garrapata State Park, at the overlook at Soberanes, to photograph its expansive landscapes, waterfalls, and striking sea stacks. There, you will learn techniques for advanced photo composition. You will encounter a few secret photo opportunities as you make your way to capture the famous Bixby Bridge, first from a forgotten back road and then from the classic angles and shots.
Before lunch, you’ll grab photos of a few more special locals. After dessert, you’ll head out to McWay Falls, but first, you head inland to a redwood tree forest to capture the streams and tree. You then head out to the 80-foot waterfall McWay. The last photo stop for the day will be sunset at Pfeiffer Beach for its two keyhole arches.
- Enjoy lunch at Big Sur River Inn included in the cost
- Topics covered include landscape composition, macro photography, post processing, expanded dynamic range, creating panoramas, advanced lighting, slow shutter techniques, polarizers, filters. and much more
- Visit over 15 locations including Point Lobos Natural Reserve , Weston Beach, Garrapata State Beach, North Soberance, Bixby Bridge, Rocky Point, Little Sur River, Pfeiffer Beach, and McWay Falls
- All transportation to and from Carmel included
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased