Trek to First Base Camp at 17,598 feet, to the edge of the khumbu Ice Fall on Mount Everest in Nepal. Immerse yourself in Nepali culture, and learn to create beautiful photography with William Vazquez.
Everest Base Camp: Trek, and Cultural Immersion Photography Experience with William Vazquez
Trekking to Everest First Base Camp in Nepal is on many people's bucket list and a great personal challenge that few people achieve. Besides the physical challenge of this trek, you'll be immersed into the Sherpa culture. Travel with a professional adventurer/photographer who has trekked the Himalayas, has years of experience in Nepal, and will show you how to document your adventure, and create unique images.
Kathmandu Day 1: The adventure starts in Kathmandu where you will be welcomed Nepali style at the airport. Activities in Kathmandu include visiting the Monkey Temple, Pashupati the holiest place in Nepal, and Bouddhanath Stupa, one of the largest in the world. In each of these places, you'll go beyond the tourist track. The trek begins.
Day 3-11: After Kathmandu, fly to Lukla airport, built by Sir Edmund Hillary and sits at 9,334 ft. We'll then embark on our trek to EBC at 17,598 ft., with a side trip to Kala Patthar at 18,192 ft. which will have an exceptional view of Mount Everest.
After EBC day 12-13: Trek back to Lukla, and return to Kathmandu.
Day 14-16: Visit Bhaktapur, a world heritage site, and enjoy a visit with craftsmen and artisans.
- Travel with a professional adventurer/photographer who has trekked the Himalayas, has years of experience in Nepal, and will show you how to document your adventure, and create unique images
- You will need to bring certain basic clothes to deal with the trek and weather. Once booked William will message you via IfOnly on what is needed
- The trek will be on established trails with no rope climbing
- All meals along the trek except for Kathmandu are included in the price as well as welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency evacuation, and travel medical insurance is highly recommended
- You will always have a local guide and William to share his "on the ground" experience and photography techniques
- There will be porters that will carry your luggage on the trek and will meet you at the tea house at day's end — you will just need to carry a small backpack with your immediate needs
- William can work with whatever photographic skill level you are currently at. Whether it's with an iPhone or professional level equipment, William can help you with the basics to advanced topics, like conceptualizing and working in a different culture
- Trekking to EBC requires that clients are in good physical condition to handle the five to six-hour hikes at high altitude each day
- William will provide a detailed itinerary, with any gear that is required
- Depending on your selection of Trekker or Premium pricing, you will be staying at three or five-star hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast included. Five-star accommodations are based upon availability
- When on the trek you will be staying at tea houses. As you climb higher the accommodations are limited and will get more basic. You will always sleep on a bed but in a sleeping bag
- Pickup a Nepali Visa at Kathmandu airport for $40
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes gratuity
- All tips to local guides are included
- Extra baggage fees to Lukla are not included
- Alcoholic beverages not included
- Price does not include International air travel to Kathmandu
- All park, and heritage site entrance fees are included
- Five-star accommodations are based upon availibility
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the schedule or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.