Laura Grier's Worth 1,000 Words Wednesday_Episode 20
10-Day Photography Workshop in Bali Led by a National Geographic Photojournalist
Sail around the Indonesian Islands with a photojournalist and hone your photographic skills in the pristine locales of Bali, Flores Island, and Komodo Island.... more less
Join award-winning photojournalist Laura Grier for a 10-day photography workshop in the Indonesian Islands. From the colorful Bali jungle to reef and island life, this trip by plane and Phinisi boat combines natural beauty with cultural immersion. Your itinerary will be similar to the following.
Days one to four: spend time in Ubud, the cultural and artistic center of Bali. You’ll stay at a spa resort nestled comfortably in the jungle. Laura will take you on a photo adventure to meet local artisans and to see temples and rice terraces.
Days five to six: take a quick flight to Flores Island and stay two days at private resort Hotel Seraya, located on a pristine coral reef.
Days seven to ten: go on a three-day adventure at sea on Acuna Luna Seli. A Phinisi boat that comes complete with a tour guide and full crew will take you to Komodo Island, where you’ll see local villages, visit uninhabited islands, and see Komodo dragons and flying fox bats. A portion of this experience will benefit Girl2B.
- Photography by Laura Grier
- Phinisi boat adventure and photography workshop led by Laura Grier in Bali
- Per person price includes flights between stops on the itinerary, lodging, transportation, and meals
- Guests are asked to provide their own camera, whether it’s an iPhone or professional camera, and any supplies or equipment they want to use
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Airfare to and from Indonesia, discretionary gratuity, and alcohol and other beverages are not included in the price
How It Works