Scale a Mayan pyramid to photograph the sunset. Zip-line through the jungles. Hike to the volcanos. It’s all in this tropical workshop led by photographer Laura Grier.
Laura Grier's Worth 1,000 Words Wednesday_Episode 22
10-Day Photography Workshop in Guatemala with a World-Renowned Photojournalist
Laura Grier, a National Geographic photojournalist, welcomes you on a 10-day adventure to the jungles of Guatemala. Fine-tune your photography skills while capturing volcanoes, hiking to the Mayan ruins, and visiting remote villages.
Laura’s job has taken her to six continents, and the well-traveled adventurer has photo tips and techniques for all photographers ranging from beginners who only packed their iPhones to advanced shutterbugs with professional cameras. You will be able to document one of the best trips you’ll ever take with vibrant photographs that make the jungle, pyramids, volcanoes, landscapes, and people come alive.
From ancient pyramids to volcanic lakes to a coffee plantation, guests can expect an itinerary similar to the one below:
Hike to Mayan ruins in Tikal and Yaxha, and later, hike through the jungle at 4 a.m. to the top of the highest pyramid, where you’ll see the sun rise and the jungle coming to life.
Take an airplane flight and a bus ride to Antigua, where you’ll learn to set up photography lights in a small place and get a private tour of a coffee plantation.
Drive through mountainous roads to Lake Atitlan, a volcanic lake surrounded by three volcanoes. There are 12 indigenous villages, most only accessible by boat. Hike or zip-line and visit with a family and observe how they live.
Photo Credit: Laura Grier
- Adventure travel photography workshop led by Laura Grier in Guatemala
- Per person price includes flights and bus rides between stops on the itinerary, lodging, and meals
- Guests are asked to provide their own camera, whether it’s an iPhone or professional camera, and any supplies or equipment they want to use
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Airfare to and from Guatemala, discretionary gratuity, and alcohol and other beverages are not included in the price
- Guests must be in good health and be able to climb stairs
How It Works