Documentary Photography and Film Making Masterclass/ Portfolio Review and Dinner
Working with a small group in a gallery/studio setting, Tim will project his own work and discuss the stories behind the images. Conducting one-on-one and group portfolio reviews, you'll focus on the design, aesthetic, and the logistics of capturing imagery that powerfully communicates a story. Tim will cover editing, sequencing and developing pitches. Attendees will have access to the large format printer included, with ink and paper provided at cost.
The class will discuss the intricacies and challenges of working in conflict and crisis environments, how to develop stories, contacts, and sources on location, and how to prepare, travel to, and operate in compromised environments, with the goal of documenting the human condition with humanity. This masterclass will cover current technology and technique, with an emphasis on the integration of stills and motion pictures through DSLRs and mirrorless systems.
The day will end with informal family-style drinks and dinner prepared by renowned Hudson Chef Erika Laurion.
- Projection and discussion of Tim's work
- Tim will review your portfolio and offer expertise is pitch development, marketing and networking
- One-on-one editing
- This masterclass uses current technology standards — integrating stills and motion pictures
- Travel advice offered
- Informal family style drinks, dinner and conversation with renowned Hudson Chef Erika Laurion
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased