Show grandmaster Maurice Ashley your best moves in a private lesson and unlock the secrets of your own game.
Benefiting Hip Hop Chess Federation
Private Chess Lesson and Game with a Charismatic Grandmaster
Join one of chess's most distinguished and popular grandmasters, Maurice Ashley, in New York City for an in-depth lesson and private game. Over the course of two hours, Maurice will help you identify weaknesses in your game, capitalize on your strengths, and develop tactics for sharpening your skills as you tackle the obstacles keeping you from reaching your potential. Then you'll put his advice into action as you play the grandmaster himself in a head-to-head match. Whether you are an experienced player looking to elevate your game or just getting started, this private session will have you feeling like a grandmaster yourself. This is a unique opportunity for a personal audience with one of the world’s greatest, and most engaging, chess minds.
- Private chess lesson with Maurice Ashley in New York City lasting two (2) hours including at least one head-to-head game.
- Lessons are for one (1) player but a limited number of friends or family are welcome to observe
- Experience can take place at the residence, office, or hotel of your choice within NYC's boroughs, or else Maurice will gladly be your host at his home in New York. IfOnly can also arrange other locations for a nominal fee.
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.