Chief Engraver of the United States Mint
Receive a fascinating lesson in the artistry, history, and value of coins from an esteemed author and engraver.... more less
With an impressive 36-year tenure at the U.S. Mint, John Mercanti offers an inside perspective on the design and production of coins. From 2006 to 2010, he held the role of Chief Engraver and produced more coin designs than anyone in the history of that position. The creative genius behind the silver eagle dollar coin and many of the quarters in the widely popular 50 State Quarters Program is a frequent guest at coin conventions where his assessment on the value and artistry of coins is highly esteemed.
In an intentional and thoughtful speaking style that combines artistry, know-how, and passion, John delves into the history of coins and offers guideposts to appreciating and evaluating them. The author of a well received book American Gold and Platinum Eagles: A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program, John examines American history, symbolism, and economics through the lens of coins. The circulation of a coin can become a fascinating discussion on economics, geography, and American values. At the end of this talk, you will surely gain a deeper understanding of the coins jangling in your pocket.
- Topics: Design, U.S. History, Ecenomics, Government
- Style: Educational, Friendly, Easygoing
- Booking Includes:
- Keynote speech, 30-60 minutes
- Optional 15-30 minute Q&A
- Optional attendance at pre or post-event receptions for up to one (1) hour
- Travels from: Philidelphia, PA
- Travel: Speaker's travel and accommodations are not included. An IfOnly Concierge will help you and your speaker make arrangements.
- Books: American Gold and Platinum Eagles: A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works