Receive a fascinating lesson in the artistry, history, and value of coins from an esteemed author and engraver.
Benefiting Tipping Point
Chief Engraver of the United States Mint
With an impressive 36-year tenure at the U.S. Mint, John Mercanti offers an inside perspective on the design and production of coins. From 2006 to 2010, he held the role of Chief Engraver and produced more coin designs than anyone in the history of that position. The creative genius behind the silver eagle dollar coin and many of the quarters in the widely popular 50 State Quarters Program is a frequent guest at coin conventions where his assessment on the value and artistry of coins is highly esteemed.
In an intentional and thoughtful speaking style that combines artistry, know-how, and passion, John delves into the history of coins and offers guideposts to appreciating and evaluating them. The author of a well received book American Gold and Platinum Eagles: A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program, John examines American history, symbolism, and economics through the lens of coins. The circulation of a coin can become a fascinating discussion on economics, geography, and American values. At the end of this talk, you will surely gain a deeper understanding of the coins jangling in your pocket.
- Topics: Design, U.S. History, Ecenomics, Government
- Style: Educational, Friendly, Easygoing
- Booking Includes:
- Keynote speech, 30-60 minutes
- Optional 15-30 minute Q&A
- Optional attendance at pre or post-event receptions for up to one (1) hour
- Travels from: Philidelphia, PA
- Travel: Speaker's travel and accommodations are not included. An IfOnly Concierge will help you and your speaker make arrangements.
- Books: American Gold and Platinum Eagles: A Guide to the U.S. Bullion Coin Program
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
How It Works
Provide your preferred dates and location for the experience.
The luminary will confirm the details, including schedule and location, or ask for alternatives.
Have a wonderful time. We look forward to coordinating your next IfOnly experience.