Crabbing and Crab Boil with an Experienced Fisherman off Torpedo Wharf in SF
Learn about what crabs like to eat, why the bay is home to a large and distinctly diverse crab population, and about different wildlife who’ve made the bay their home.
Once you’ve finished breakfast, head to Torpedo Wharf. Learn how to set up crabbing stations, how equipment works, and all the tips and tricks to successfully learn how to catch crabs right out of the bay off a rod and reel.
Take what you’ve caught for the day and cook the crab you have harvested near the crabbing location. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn crabbing off of the rod and reel then learning how to cook live crab from start to finish. The best part about the experience is you'll get to eat what you catch right after.
Come learn the art of crabbing!
- Meet at the Warming Hut for a crabbing experience on the San Francisco Bay (beverage and pastry included)
- Learn about the brief history of Fisherman’s Wharf and the waterfront
- Guests will be given a thorough overview of equipment and tactics needed to set up all different crabbing stations
- Catch crabs off rod and reel with an experienced fisherman
- Learn to cook live crab from start to finish
- All equipment, bait, and essentials will be provided
- Wear layers as San Francisco's weather can be unpredictable
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes bait and food
How It Works